Is your website creating the conversions you desire?
Have you discovered why tracking your website conversion rate is important?
When you track your website conversion rate every month, you understand what is working for your business and what is not. This way, you stop wasting time and money. You can achieve substantial growth.
- 🌟 Discovery calls
- 🌟 Sales
- 🌟 Downloads
- 🌟 New memberships
- 🌟 Form submittal
- 🌟 Click-throughs to an offer
- 🌟 Service upgrades
What is your website conversion rate?
Finally, let’s calculate your website conversion rate by using the form below:
(Total Conversions / Total Unique Visitors) * 100 = Conversion Rate.
If your conversation rate is too low (under 2%), it’s time to check and see if something on your website is creating distractions or causing your ideal client to walk away.
Keep reading to learn tricks on how to increase your conversions. Until then, let’s play a guessing game!
Can you guess the average conversion rate for a website? Let me know your guesses with your industry.
What to do if your conversion rate is too low?
I shared with you how to calculate your website conversion rate. Now, I am sharing what to do if your conversion rate is too low (2% and under).
Here are five things to look at:
- 🎨 Design: Is your website too cluttered? Is it reflective of your brand?
- 🔈 Review & Testimonials: Are these relevant to your offers? Do you have at least three? Do these need to be updated?
- ⚡ Speed: What is your website speed?
- 🗣️ Live Chat & Forms: If you don’t have a form or Live Chat, consider using one.
- ✍🏽 Copy & CTA: Is your copy compelling? Does your home page state what you do, how you help, and why they should buy from you? Do you have a call to action (CTA)?
If you are not sure where to begin, start by creating a survey and asking your current client’s feedback on your website.
Was this helpful? I’m curious too, how often do you use surveys from current clients to best serve them? I can’t wait to hear from you.
How do you increase traffic to your website via social media?
Here are five simple ways to increase traffic to your website with social media:
- ➡️ Share news about newly published blogs (really leverage LinkedIn).
- ➡️ Share a link to an old blog that teaches on the topic you are talking about.
- ➡️ Share your website on your bio sections.
- ➡️ If you launch a website or make changes to your website, ask followers to visit and give you feedback.
- ➡️ Ask your followers to go to your website or blog link as a CTA.
The last one is key. Sometimes all you need to do is ask, and your followers will gladly help.
How do you increase conversions through a great user experience on your website?
Use a Pixel.
Imagine a Pixel as your virtual mystery shopper. It gives you an understanding of what’s working and needs to change based on your traffic and visitor behavior.
As a mission-centered business myself, I understand your desire to leave customers with the best feeling. And a Pixel will give you the insights to adapt to their customer needs. Such as, should I optimize the mobile view on my site? Is my copy working? Are the graphics pleasing? Should I make it easier to find a service that many are looking for?
Yes! A Pixel is not just for FB ads. It’s a benefit for website users and visitors as long as the data collected is used ethically. Remember to add a disclaimer to your site, letting the user know cookies (data) are being collected.
Here are the steps for creating a Facebook Pixel:
- 🌟 Go to your Events Manager on FB Business Manager
- 🌟 Click on Connect Data Sources and then choose Web
- 🌟 Click on FB Pixel and name your Pixel
- 🌟 Check to see if your site provider has an integration option by entering your URL
- 🌟 Then hit Continue
Save this to help you create and set up your FB Pixel on your website for better conversions and user experience.
Are you hacking someone else's successful website to get your conversions?
Hacking someone else’s successful website is not the way to increase conversion for your own.
The main reason this tactic fails is because of you. But not in the way you are thinking.
You see, no else has the same level of awesomeness as you. So start showcasing it on your website with the right elements, copy, and strategy to increase conversions.
Instead of hacking – try these six tips to increase website conversion:
- 1. Define your brand messaging by understanding your why.
- 2. Get to know your audience’s struggles by doing market research.
- 3. Find design inspiration that speaks to your brand and audience – Pinterest and music are my go-to. 😊
- 4. Create copy that speaks to your audience (#2 helps here).
- 5. Design your Home page so that your audience understands what you sell and how it can help them.
- 6. Focus both on SEO and using CTA (call to action) on your social media to lead followers to your website.
You can take inspiration in someone else’s framework. But understand that your essence – painted with elements, copy, and strategy – is the key to increasing your website conversions.
Check out my blog post, Simple Design Process for more guidance.
High-conversion website checklist
Do you want to know the secret of multiple six-figure female earners? It’s simple!
They understand the value of their time and the return of investment they get when they hire an expert.
You might think that going the DIY route for your website will help you create conversions.
But, here is the truth.
It takes a certain skill set, market research, and continuous maintenance to built a website that will help you attain a multiple, six-figure business.
Below is a checklist of some of the things you would need to have done for a high converting website:
- 🌠 Understand the psychology of color
- 🌠 Have a talent for graphic design
- 🌠 Craft copy that attracts and converts
- 🌠 Optimize your website for SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
- 🌠 Keep up with plugin and theme updates
- 🌠 Optimize your website for mobile viewing
- 🌠 Update your CTA, Blogs, Offers, and Contact Forms
- 🌠 Review your analytics
Can you guess how many hours you would have to invest in checking these off?
Have you started to enjoy your harvest yet?
Have you started to eat the yummy fruits and veggies that your gardening provided? I bet it was so rewarding…especially after all the work you put in. All the soil prep, weeding, seeding, and watering paid off!
This kind of reminds me of the process for high-end website design.
It starts with soil prep – the drafting and design – where I get my hands dirty. And the soot of my pencil reminds me of earth.
The weeding begins…as I remove elements that no longer serve your new vision. It’s where I create a new site unique to you and your audience. The seeding is the best part!
It’s when your new website is planted in its new home. So that it can grow your business with a harvest of qualified clients.
And the final step…the watering or maintenance…keeps your site running smoothly with new content and updates that nourish its growth.
Aaah…it’s such a rewarding moment to see the bounty that high-end website design brings to my clients.
And I’m so blessed to be part of their journey. Now, back to you…
What bounty did your garden bless you with this season? I’d love to know.
For purpose-driven womxn
I bridge the gap between you and your ideal client conversions by strategically designing intuitive visual branding + website development
Please let me know if you have any branding, WordPress website design, or any graphic design questions. I’d love to help! Or if you have designs suggestions of what you want to read in your email or blog posts, please let me know.
Blessings + Virtual Abrazos